2014-11-05

Awesome Decks - Bustin Sportster Pro

Today I want to show you one of the awesome longboard decks I found on Pinterest. When choosing a deck for your new board you can't focus only on the stats,  because no matter how good the board is - it still has to look nice.

So, this here is a nice 37,5" deck by Bustin: The Sportster Pro. With it's typical drop-through / wheel cutout design it is pretty much an all rounder for freeride, cruising and downhill. With the Thermo Carbon and maple hybrid Bustin tried to reach the right stiffness and elasticity balance that they all want. Every brand does it pretty much the same way - but they call it different every time.


But take a look at this gorgeous texture in grey - it still sounds awful. I can't decide whether it looks more like really luxury wood or like brushed metal. However, I love this shade. You shouldn't look too close at the lion though - to me the face looks a little too abstract. All the fur looks fine, especially the "majestic" chin, I think. But there is one thing that really annoys me: Why did they try to give the drawing a graffiti look at the bottom? The rest of the deck is all clean and noble except those eight stripes dripping down there. Still, there are other graphics available at the Bustin store for $179, if you like the shape.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin